Yuri's Night 06
Since I missed last years party for Yuri - quite frankly did'nt know it exists - I cleared my schedule for this years event.
The party is Yuri’s Night, celebrated in lots of cities around the world, on all continents. Of course Yuri is a very common name to me and my friends... (*wink*) What I did not know is that there is a Yuri’s Night Party celebrated globally in honor of human space travel. The event takes place anually on April 12.
Yuri’s Night honores both the historic first flight of Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin on April 12, 1961, as well as the launch of the first Space Shuttle (STS-1) exactly 20 years later. Yes, for those with great math skills: we were celebrating the 45th anniversary of Yuri’s flight and the 25th anniversary of STS-1 this year. Who knew!?
What kind of crowd did hang out at a the bar on College Street named "ORBIT" throwing Yuri's party? Interesting people who are into all kinds of space related technology and theories. Let me tell you my job seemed very boring compared to everyone else's.
An awesome life band played. Somehow jazzy, vivid and
guitars - just how we like it. I am not sure what their connection was to Yuri, but I definetely have the Orbit Room marked down as a great place for life music.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home